Purpose -To allow every Long Island Rough Riders and Globall Sports participant, age 18 and under, the opportunity to participate in activities regardless of household financial conditions. The scholarship program was developed to lower the cost of opportunities for children whose families have demonstrated financial needs.
Who Qualifies? - Any Long Island Rough Riders or Globall Sports participant youth age 18 and under who meets the family income guidelines (see Table 1 below) and whose parent/guardian submits the scholarship application along with proper documentation.
- Families are required to participate in all program fundraisers.
- Parents/guardians are expected, if asked, to participate in volunteer activities to help offset the cost of this scholarship.
- Individuals are required to attend a minimum of 80% of scheduled practices, lessons or games. Failure to meet attendance requirements and/or overdue payments may result in the loss of scholarship for your household.
- Individuals are eligible to receive a 50% program fee discount if they meet the income guidelines and provide documentation. Refer to Table 1 for family income guidelines.
- Foster children will automatically qualify with appropriate documentation.
1. Complete the scholarship application form, which must be signed by a parent/guardian. You must provide copies of the following where applicable: 2 current consecutive pay stubs, W-2 Form, DSS Form, SSI Form, Social Security, Unemployment Statements, Child Support Order and all 1099 forms.
2. Attach Proof of Residency: copy of current driver’s license, state-issued identification card, tax bill or voter’s registration card.
3. The Long Island Rough Riders Staff will contact you in writing within two weeks with the results of your application.
4. Scholarship application approval will be based on verification of financial need and availability of scholarship funds.
Other Important Information
- Scholarship amounts are based on total family size and total family income level. Families are defined as parent(s)/ guardian(s) and dependents all living at the same address. See Table 1 below
- Reduced fees will only be granted for programs solely sponsored by Long Island Rough Riders.
- Completing a scholarship application DOES NOT register a child for a program. Please complete a form separately for the activities in which you are interested in having your children participate.
- All participants are expected to pay at least 50% of an activity registration/program fee.
- Scholarships will be provided on a first-come, funding and space available basis.
- All programs qualify for scholarships.
- Transportation to programs is not provided.
| Total Family Size
||Total Annual Family Income*
|| For each additional member, add: +$6,919
* Total family annual income from all sources before deductions for taxes, insurance premiums, bonds and other employee deductions.
• Scholarships cover the activity registration/program fee only, not uniform/costume costs.
Confidentiality - Long Island Rough Riders Recreation Commission will use the information on the application only to decide if your child qualifies to receive a partial scholarship for eligible athletic activities. Confidentiality will be maintained at all times. Applicants are guaranteed that personal finances will not be discussed outside of the department management. Coaches, instructors or program leaders will not be informed of a participant’s financial or scholarship status.
To be completed by Parent or Guardian
Complete ALL of the following information and attach required documents, as incomplete forms will delay processing. A separate form is required for each child. Completing a scholarship application does not register a child for a program. Please complete a registration form separately for the activities in which your child wants to participate.